Chhotisiaasha's Blog

RAD Configuration settings for webservice

(assumed PXS and OAO webservice (or any other web service) files are existing.)

1>     Remove all files under com.xyz.aha.otherholdings.webservice.

2>     Replace following files under WEB-INF.

AccountertPortfolioServicexyz.wsdl

AccountPortfolioSchemaxyz.xsd

getHoldingDetailsxyz.xsd

getAccountInfoxyz.xsd

getMarketValuexyz.xsd

getBalancexyz.xsd

getDailyAssetChgInValxyz.xsd

getRealTimeCashBalancexyz.xsd

PXSCommonxyz.xsd

In all above files change ../PXSCommonxyz.xsd to PXSCommonxyz.xsd

this may include any other file provided by webservice provider.

3>     Right click AccountPortfolioServicexyz.wsdl > Web Services > GenerateClient

a>Check Service definiation has wsdl path

b>Client type: Java Proxy

c> Click on Configuration >web service runtime:IBM WebSphere JAX-WS

See that Web Serivce runtime:IBM Websphere JAX-WS is selected

See that required server is selected

d>Click Next

e>For PXS client Select Target package as com.xyz.aha.otherholdings.webservice

f>select Generate portable client check box

g>Click Finish.

This should generate required stubs.

Note: You can edit the WS url in the wsdls

Advertisements

There should be a PropertyHolder class

public class PropertyHolder {

String udiBaseURL;

public String getUdiBaseURL() {
return udiBaseURL;
}

public void setUdiBaseURL(String udiBaseURL) {
this.udiBaseURL = udiBaseURL;
}

}

And in applicaiton.properties file,

//entries for all properties

udi.viewer.url.base=http://udiviewer.qa.pwj.com

Then, In applicationContext.xml make an entry for the class and property file like below:

<bean id=”propertyConfigurer”>
<property name=”location” value=”/WEB-INF/application.properties” />
</bean>

<!– Local Data Holder –>
<bean id=”propertyHolder”>
<property name=”udiBaseURL” value=”${udi.viewer.url.base}” />
</bean>

thats it!!!

One possible solution is

“Application servers >=server1 > Web container > Custom Properties”

create the following custome property with its value set to true

[com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.invokefilterscompatibility].

<action name=”GenDirLetterAction” method=”genDirLetter” class=”generateLettersAction”>
<result type=”stream”>
<param name=”contentType”>application/pdf</param>
<param name=”inputName”>inputStream</param>
<param name=”contentDisposition”>attachment;filename=”document.pdf”</param>
<param name=”bufferSize”>1024</param>
</result>
</action>

I was just stuck with this. This won’t let me build my app. So, I was not able to deploy my changes.

Got to know from a colleague that go to your workspace metadata > plugins and sort them by recent data. the first jdt.core remove the files created and for i guess third, remove everything under history folder. This should fix it.

Last week I was working on deploying  my axis webservice on WebSphere 6.1 server for the first time. Till now they were using websphere 5.1, but we needed to move the extended service to Websphere 6.1 . Some JDBC datasources Websphere V4 were existing on  the new server, may be for some other application, not sure.

When I installed my application, I got following exception.

Exception thrown [com.ibm.websphere.naming.CannotInstantiateObjectException] Msg[Exception occurred while the JNDI NamingManager was processing a javax.naming.Reference object.] RootCauseExcp[javax.naming.NamingException] RootCauseMsg[Attempted to use a 4.0 DataSource from a 2.3 (or higher) servlet. Invalid configuration.] RootCauseToString[javax.naming.NamingException: Attempted to use a 4.0 DataSource from a 2.3 (or higher) servlet. Invalid configuration.]
faultActor: null
faultDetail:
stackTrace: AxisFault

To resolve this I had to create WebSphere V5 datasources and had to delete the earlier V 4 datasources then only it could recognize the V5 datasources. It seems, but default it was looking for some V4 datasources. While creating V5 datasources, I read from IBM docs, that I will also need to create some J2C authentication alias, to supply for the dasources. I created it, and as per the documentation, it was preceded by some node name. This resolved the problem and I was able to successfully access the database, but still need to understand why it pick a different node name than one on which I installed application.

While reading for activities for toddlers, there is a well known activity, stringing different items, I thought of my favourite drawing when I was a kid, drawing natural scene. My favourite scene was a house with a mountain , rising sun and trees behind, a river and yard in front, having cow and sheep in the yard and boat with a kid and parents in the river. there were some clouds and birds in the sky, too.

I am planning to cut such pieces from the empty diaper boxes and will make such a scene for my daughter. This weekend I plan for these two activities for her , stringing shapes from cardboard and many other possible things, like beads, cheerios and the natural scene.